Re: [hatari-devel] Data cache Issues?

On torstai 02 heinäkuu 2015, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 30/06/2015 21:51, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> >> * ChainZ loops with exception 3 at startup
> >>    - works at least with older oldUAE
> >>
> >> * JewelZ loops with exception 3 at startup
> >>    (if user selects real Falcon instead of Hatari)
> >>    - works at least with older oldUAE
> >>
> >> * Kart game crashes at startup
> >>    - worked more with older WinUAE version
> >>
> >> * Teknoballs loops with exception 3 at startup
> >>    - works at least with older oldUAE
> >
> > These don't anymore crash, they all have similar DSP issue as T2.
>
> these games are now fixed.

> Verified.

I've verified them too.
Nice Fix Nicolas, we've now reached the same level of compatibility than with the previous version of the new CPU.

[...]

> I tested few games that haven't worked earlier, but they
> still freeze/bomb out.

Same for me ;)
I've tested some more games / demos to see if this fixed more problems.
But it seems that the problems we had with the previous versions of Hatari are still here (so the problems may not be into the CPU emulation).

> Most interesting of those might
> be Moongame/speeder.  Game menu animation works, but
> game mouse pointer doesn't react to input.

For moongame, we've always had this problem of mouse that doesn't move into the main menu, with all hatari versions (old cpu, new cpu, ...)
I tried to find the problem without succes, but I know Nicolas is much more skilled than me with bugs ;) (that's a true fact).
If he has some time one day to throw an eye on this problem, I agree Moongame would be a great game to be emulated by Hatari.
And I'm pretty sure that the game will work as long as we manage to have the mouse working in the main menu.

Regards
Laurent