Re: [hatari-devel] DSP performance

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Laurent Sallafranque <laurent..sallafranque@xxxxxxx> wrote:
But in non cached mode, there's one access to the bus, so the cycles taken by the instruction is 4 cycles, not 2 (I'll try to find again the rule behing this).
That's why I recomputed the whole table by hand to have the Falcon 16 bit bus values and not the 68030 default 32 bit bus ones

Laurent is right, sometimes the values are really non-intuitive. Of course, I didn't have proper electronic equipment to measure it but when you think about it (Falcon hardware + original timings), it does make sense.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org