Re: [hatari-devel] SDL GUI code cleanup

Am Sun, 14 Jun 2015 13:40:09 +0300

> Hi,
>
> Attached patch replaces few "magic values" in SDL GUI code with
> defines.
>
> Functional change related to this is using common define (with
> negative value) for "not found", instead of current mix of using
> object index 0 and value -1 for that.

You're doing multiple things in one patch - introduce the SG_END
constant for values that are already there (i.e. a non-functional
change), and then also change the behaviour of some other spots of the
code (the SDLGUI_NOTFOUND change). Please don't do that - do it in two
patches instead.

> Mainly I just wanted some feedback on whether the define names are OK,
> but I'm also wondering about 1.9 release.  Is this too risky change
> before release or should I push it after release?

For the SG_END changes, it's likely ok since this is not a functional
change (but maybe name it differently - all the other constants do not
have an underscore in the name).
For the SDLGUI_NOTFOUND change, please wait 'til after the release.