Re: [hatari-devel] Data cache Issues?

Le 03/06/2015 22:01, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

I think it would be great to have an option to disable data cache
so that one can check whether it affects the issue...

Hi

For quick check, change cpu/newcpu.c to always return false :

STATIC_INLINE bool cancache030 (uaecptr addr)
{
  return false;
//        return ce_cachable[addr >> 16] != 0;
}

This way you can see if the cache is related to the issue or not.

Regarding naming, I noticed that STMemory_SafeCopy() accepts
just normal RAM (not TT-ram) and it doesn't do flush, but it's
only used by fdc.c and hdc.c DMA data copies.

Maybe it should be renamed to STMemory_SafeIOCopy()?

We can leave it this way, I intend to remove this sometimes later after 1.9 is released anyway, because in all accuracy, one should not check if copy is made to ram or tt-ram. We should allow the fdc/hdc program to load data anywhere it wants, possibly creating crash (some protections could even rely on this not so usual behaviour, but I first need to do some check on my STF to see what happen with the different type of memory regions)