Re: [hatari-devel] DSP for Previous

I did a lot of integeration of the DSP part into Hatari.

Actually, the DSP is quite completly integrated for the Falcon (there are a few known things that should be done, but it works quite well).
There's no DMA to DSP into the Falcon, so this is not emulated.
If the computer has 2 or 3 external RAM banks, this may need to be reworked too, so may be the memory mapping.

The instructions pipeline is not perfect with some instructions that use Rn registers, but it works anyway in an emulator.
This makes some problems when someone use the emulator to develop something for the real hardware.

Don't hesitate to ask for more informations if needed.

As an example, Doug Little has ported Doom and is currently porting Quake 2 on Falcon by only developping on hatari.
He tests his code on his real falcon sometimes, but this shows that the emulation level of the DSP is quite high.

Regards,
Laurent