Re: [hatari-devel] Issues with cache hits/misses?

Le 01/06/2015 23:04, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :

I don't see either :) But just try the lines I show in previous mail,
and you will see that speed gets higher.

No, this just returns the same value, so I don't see how it could change
the emulated ST.

"mystery" solved, altough cache and direct memory read should return the same value, the TOS was slow during blitter access, and it turned out that when I factorized some code earlier, I forgot to remove an old call that wrongly marked the IO region as cachable :( So, when TOS waited for blitter to end, it never read the real time status, but an old value and waited much longer than expected...

That's better, because I didn't see how a shift in the code could have made the emulation slower ; in fact it was the shifted value that was wrong in the particular case of the blitter (which explains why TOS 3 for TT was not slowed down, it doesn't have a blitter :) )