Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Profiler - long history

Le 18/05/2015 12:13, Anders Eriksson a écrit :
On Mon, 18 May 2015, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:

For now, memory type is not used in Hatari, and anyway the falcon
doesn't have the equivalent of fast 32 bit ram IIRC, so I would say
that there's no burst mode in Falcon mode with 68030 in Hatari (but
there could be one later for TT mode with extra TT RAM (not
implemented yet))

Hello,

it would be nice if TT-RAM on Falcon would also benefit from burst when
it is added for TT. Burst is available on most Falcon boards with 32-bit
TT-RAM as far as I know. Eg. Centurbo 2 (030), Afterburner 040,
CT60/CT63/CT60e. I'm less sure about Mighty Sonic (030).

Hi

yes, that's something that could be added too.

I was referring to a stock falcon with the built-in 68030 ; as extension board include their own cpu + dedicated RAM, it's a different situation.

As the falcon was unable to address more than 24 bit, we could indeed consider that when extra 32 bit RAM is added the emulated falcon should be considered as using fast ram where burst mode is possible.