Re: [hatari-devel] fopen traces

On keskiviikko 13 toukokuu 2015, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Any additional comments on this?

Information I was thinking of adding on this to Hatari manual:
-------
"files" trace option can be used to track TOS file accesses;
what files programs try to open and what potential problems
there are with that (missing files, wrong access rights etc).
For larger programs one could also think of it as startup
progress indicator.

It's a subset of "gemdos" trace option output.  Full GEMDOS
trace is verbose and can interleave (mess) Hatari's
"--conout 2" (TOS console) output, so you could try "files"
option before resorting to full "gemdos" or "os_all" option.

(To find the interesting data from more verbose options, one
often needs to redirect them to a file and search that.)

Similarly to "gemdos" trace option, "files" option needs to
be given at Hatari startup, if you want to tract file accesses
also to floppies and and hard disk images, not just GEMDOS HD
emulated drive(s).  Errors are reported only by GEMDOS HD
emulation.
-------

Besides Fopen/Fclose, I think also Pexec & Pterm* would
be interesting, because you can see from Pterm whether
program terminated abnormally.  However, I'm not sure
what this kind of trace option should then be named...

	- Eero