Re: [hatari-devel] Re: 040/060 emulation issue with Q2

Am Sun, 26 Apr 2015 10:16:26 +0100
schrieb Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> So while I'm still not exactly sure what's going on, I'm becoming
> more sure that there is something wrong with the new Hatari's
> floating point emulation (aside from the disasm gaps - the emulator
> is broken somehow). Perhaps specific to 881/882 operations which are
> no longer common in software built for 68060 devices? Or maybe some
> functionality that the float library calls depend on - e.g. float
> exceptions - and which the compiled code does not.

Just an idea, but is the patched TOS for the Afterburner 040 or the
CT060 "emulating" some of the missing 68882 instructions in software?
If so, this could be a reason for the crash in Hatari - the TOS does
not contain such FPU instruction emulation here.