|Re: [hatari-devel] Re: 040/060 emulation issue with BadMood|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Re: 040/060 emulation issue with BadMood
- From: Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 15:05:56 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=sCrOCkTzFZb9YCpJ6fx3glwx038Zv8UalsEC1EMu/9Y=; b=XH1R74tv9VOn1XfmOO+4MRdcyPa/pJDlLsYKu702lZlPOYjwkg6tqXAPmICalUnFGr lrOSVMZEgH3ZMVNuya60TM0wG5UFQaJyxFQODufdYCLB804GhK6JYK+dpkvIgzLkyNpW h/U7ihTzTEzIoAR2q0rEDPm+x5rksTFummejxmT5DG1hAFHmioq+eNURu1MqGgbwj8lF 1eCX+yKaRPSWVD/4orqE2jk0tAIpY2SZ6Cu12V8VcP3firHjndpyjxASOledxvi6Vmui BFLu5LsiVY1exXbFTOEXgGIaDoEvbgJJTJ+VlpCmjq5V94HyHhQy4jDAwt4ttR/7aTI2 zqUQ==
So after poking around with the new Hatari in 060 mode, I did find a bunch of oversights and timing gaps in my code - so these have all been fixed. It now runs in Hatari in 060 mode.
However based on tests with real HW, it seems Hatari is somehow outracing real CT60s on the CPU/bus side, leaving the DSP in the dust. Probably to be expected - but I had to set up the sync sites to be extra-pedantic in a way that didn't seem necessary, at least up to 75MHz on a CT60.
Beyond 75MHz, maybe things start to equalize with Hatari.
This isn't a bug report - just some extra context for comparison with CT60 timing in case anyone finds it useful..