Re: [hatari-devel] "Infinite Live of the Blitter" STE demo doesn't work anymore

Le 19/01/2015 20:38, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 19/01/2015 20:23, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

With that the demo loads, but it crashes few screen later.

With Hatari v1.6.2 it works until the end.

Hi

Yes, I saw it crashed, I need to have a closer look.

Hi

I found the problem, there's a bug in the demo, some MFP registers are not correctly saved at the start of the demo, and when they're restored at the end of the dot tunnel, this causes the last call to timer A to jump at a non existing address.

From what I see, there's a race condition that might explain it doesn't happen on real STE, but I haven't seen yet where's the difference is between STE and latest Hatari (haven't tried Hatari 1.7, maybe it still worked)

Just in case you have time, could you try "hg bisect" to see which commit triggered this ?