Re: [hatari-devel] Re: RAM detection issue with VDI (was HDDriver issues with WinUAE CPU core)

On maanantai 12 tammikuu 2015, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> > Uwe, could you check whether NVDI works with these both:
> > 	--vdi-width 800 --vdi-height 600 --vdi-planes 4
> > 	--vdi-width 1920 --vdi-height 1080 --vdi-planes 1
>
> With the first resolution NVDI hangs after displaying its startup
> message, with the second resolution it work.

Ok, this is as I feared.

Does the hanging resolution work if you use earlier
Hatari version, e.g. v1.8 release?

I.e. is the issue larger memtop->phystop gap
(needed for TT memory detection) or is NVDI just
not handling larger color resolutions that well...

If former, I guess the gap needs to be limited to
whatever the real HW supports, for best VDI mode
application compatibility. :-/