Re: [hatari-devel] New WinUAE CPU core and NatFeats

On maanantai 12 tammikuu 2015, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> this should now be fixed ; problem is that I copied/pasted the change in
> OpCode_VDI to OpCode_NatFeat_ID/OpCode_NatFeat_Call by calling
> fill_prefetch() but in fact I should have called "NOP" in this case.
>
> Do you confirm it works for you ?

Verified. BadMood works fine now with --natfeats.

(Sorry for late reply, had to test several levels
of Doom2 with BadMood using Hatari version ;-))

> Note : debugging took more time than expected, because it seems the test
> program in tests/natfeats/natfeats.c is in fact bugged :(
>
> Problem is in nf_showname, size of buffer is passed as a "word", but
> natfeats expects it to be a "long" ; so we get :

Ah, I hadn't thought that with AHCC sizeof() returns word and
that prototype is typeless...

(VBCC and GCC versions were 32-bit, and AHCC one worked fine
with Old UAE.)

> I think adding "(long)" should fix the nf_showname in
> tests/natfeats/natfeats.c :
>                  chars = nf_call(id, buffer, (long)sizeof(buffer)-2);

Thanks, commited.

	- Eero

PS. I think you can now remove the commented out code
from hatari-glue.c.