Re: [hatari-devel] disk image mime-types

Le 06/12/2014 16:20, Thomas Huth a écrit :

A question to everybody: How should the mime-types (also called media
types nowadays) be named? My current suggestions are:

For .MSA:

- application/vnd.msa-disk-image
- application/vnd.magic-shadow-archive
- application/vnd.magic-shadow-archiver-disk-image

For .DIM:

- application/vnd.dim-disk-image
- application/vnd.fast-copy-disk-image
- application/vnd.fast-copy-dim

Any preferences or other suggestions?

Hi

I prefer names where "disk" or "floppy" would be included, I think it gives a 1st idea of what the vnd type is related to, which is always useful.

I'm not sure putting the program names in the type will help, as some people might argue than msa/dim or other even ST could be created with several programs.

So, my vote would go to the shorter ones :
 - application/vnd.msa-disk-image
 - application/vnd.dim-disk-image

or
 - application/vnd.msa-floppy-disk-image