Re: [hatari-devel] profiler cycles (was New WinUAE core issue with Bad Mood)

Le 12/12/2014 10:22, Douglas Little a écrit :
It is possible for an opcode to take 0 real cycles on 68030, depending
on how it is being 'measured'.

Most ops have a fixed execution time but they can overlap to a small
degree with one another (a complete occlusion is rare) and with
effective address calculation and memory writes.

But if you're seeing 0-cycle opcodes in bulk it is much more likely to
be a bug :)

yes, I agree that with the head/tail cycles in 68020, some overlap can and will occur, but I doubt it's the case here, that's why I think it would be better the have the trace of one run through the reported piece of code than to have only the sum/average.