Re: [hatari-devel] hatari-ui icon

Am Mon, 3 Nov 2014 00:14:33 +0200

> Hi,
>
> On sunnuntai 02 marraskuu 2014, Steven Elliott wrote:
> > I have an idea for a new logo: A (somewhat) stylish capital H
> > followed by/melded with an Atari fuji symbol.  If you guys like
> > this idea, I'll design it as a bitmap and submit it here for
> > comments, suggestions, etc. Then, once we nail down the design,
> > I'll convert it to a vector format and clean it up.
>
> I considered using Atari /|\ logo in Hatari icon, but I think that's
> trademarked and therefore unlikely to be legally usable as-is in
> the Hatari "logo".
>
> However, if the resulting shape is clearly distinct from the Fuji logo
> and also in different color (e.g. green) from one used by Atari
> (black, white, red), I think it sounds good!

AFAIK the lawyers of Atari Inc. are regularly chasing non-commercial
projects that might violate the rights of Atari in any way... so please
refrain from using the logo in any way, even if it's altered.

Anyway, for the time being, I've attached my scaled-up version of the
green H: It's been scaled with the scale2x filter (looks IMHO
nicer than the normal interpolating scale-up), and without the
blue little animals (since they hardly can be scaled down when creating
lower resolution icons from the big template). If that looks ok for
everybody, I'll add it to the repository.