Re: [hatari-devel] New version of WinUAE's cpu core

Le 23/11/2014 19:42, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On torstai 20 marraskuu 2014, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
A test version of the new cpu core based on WinUAE 2.8.1 is available,
at last :)

This is awesome news! :-)

You can get it here : http://download.tuxfamily.org/hatari/test/

The zip file contains 2 exe for windows build in 32 and 64 bit mode
using the WinUAE's core.

It also contains the source tree for Linux/OSX users. Just run :
./configure --enable-winuae-cpu && make

The sources are branched from older Hatari version and don't contain
version history which makes reviewing the changes impossible.

I noticed that you had now "cpu" and "cpu_old" directories in
sources.  If old CPU core version would still work, maybe you
could commit the new core right away into Hatari sources?

Hi

this is on purpose, my working branch is a bit of a mess, so I stripped everything to just post the sources. cpu_old is just for me when I need to compare old winuae and new winuae (I could have removed it).

Since I started on this, HG changed to much, it will create too much conflicts to do some automatic merges, so I will manually apply the new cpu to a recent HG tip.

All in all, don't bother too much about the sources' state at the moment, it will be clearer when I commit to HG, but for that I'm waiting for report of possible obvious regression when using the binary, as I want the main repo to be as stable with this new version as it was before.

What features in existing cores are still missing from the new core?

Don't see what you mean. Existing core is much less precise, the new core doesn't necessarily requires more options in the UI, it's much more some internal improvements with more or less the same API.

What kind of changes are needed to Hatari, outside of the cpu*/
directories (patch)?

Not that much, mainly in m68000.c to handle cpu changes and save/load snapshot.
Apart from that, this basically replaces all the files in cpu/