Re: [hatari-devel] New version of WinUAE's cpu core

On 23 Nov 2014 at 22:20, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:

> About the movep opcode, it was removed in 68060, we can see this in
> table68k when the 2nd number in the 2nd column is a '5', which means
> "not implemented in 68060 or later". So, the following instructions are
> likely to crash if they were used in TOS :
>
> CAS2.W and CAS2.L
> MVPMR and MVPRM
> PTESTW and PTESTR
>
> Apart from movep, I don't think these instructions are much used by TOS,
> so it should be possible add a printf in the cpu core and see all the
> values of PC when one of these is used.
>
> As for Emutos, I don't know if it was tested against 68060 ? At least,
> sources are available.

I don't know if anyone has tested EmuTOS with a 68060, but the startup code is
supposed to correctly detect a 68060, and the assembler code contains no
movep's.  Since the version of EmuTOS that would run on a 68060 is actually
compiled for a 68000, it is theoretically possible that the compiler might
generate a movep, but I think that is highly unlikely.

If someone does test it, please let me know!

Roger