Re: [hatari-devel] add support for TT ram ?

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 00:19:52 +0100
Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I see that in memory.c code is almost there to handle more ram at
> 0x01000000 , as provided on TT for example when using 32 bit addressing.
>
> Only missing parts seem to be an option in the UI and some command line
> parameters (--tt-ramsize for example).
>
> To use such ram, the cpu needs to use 32-bit addressing mode (--addr24
> false), but apart from that it should work with >= 68020.
>
> Is there any reason why it was not enabled so far ?

IIRC I added the code in memory.c already in the very early days, when
there even was no support for TT emulation yet. So for the normal ST
emulation, it did not make much sense to really finish this work and so
the code was never completed.
Also there are some other parts of the code (e.g. the STRAM_ADDR macro)
which explicitely force an address to 24 bits, so these parts of the
code won't work with TT memory either (e.g. gemdos.c).