Re: [hatari-devel] Crash with HD IDE->ACSI image change?

Am Wed, 15 Oct 2014 00:08:41 +0300

> Hi,
>
> On sunnuntai 12 lokakuu 2014, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > > With your fix, DESKTOP.INF & NEWDESK.INF could get written to
> > > user's host root directory (if/when Hatari has access rights
> > > to write there).
> >
> > How that?
>
> Sorry, that was a brainfart, I somehow noticed only your gemdos.c
> modification, not the vdi.c one (and though that gemdos.c was all
> the "fix").
>
> Issue is not your modification, but an already existing bug. I meant
> that GemDOS_CreateHardDriveFileName() can return without modifying
> the given string buffer, and it has no return value to indicate that
> failure.

Ack, so the assert / abort in that function is maybe really the best
solution.

> > > I.e. it's this part that should be fixed, not gemdos.c:
> > That's one of the spots that I just fixed. Which modification do you
> > propose?
>
> I think it would be cleaner if code for checking GEMDOS emulation
> for specific drive would be in gemdos.c, and just called from
> vdi.c.

Hmm, calling GemDOS_IsDriveEmulated(2) from vdi.c should be sufficient,
right? That would indeed look cleaner as the current if-statement there.