Re: [hatari-devel] SDL2 support

Am Sun, 03 Aug 2014 10:46:39 +0200
schrieb Matthias Arndt <marndt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Am 03.08.2014 um 10:43 schrieb Thomas Huth:
> > <<introduction of SDL2 support>>
>
> Nothing to add, will SDL1 be kept, even if SDL2 is going to be the
> default in the future?
> Some older small platforms (GP2X Wiz) come to mind might only have
> SDL1 support...
> It would be great to have to option for Hatari.

SDL1 support will certainly stay for quite a while. The differences to
SDL2 are not that big, so the effort of maintaining both parts should
not be that big either. Then Hatari's SDL2 support is not 100% proper
yet, and SDL2 is still quite new and might not be available everywhere
yet, so I think it would be good to keep SDL1 support for at least 2+
more years. But we'll see... maybe Hatari 2.x will be available for SDL2
only ;-) ?