Re: [hatari-devel] GEMDOS filename handling

> On lauantai 16 elokuu 2014, Max Böhm wrote:
>> > I'm going to look into having correct TOS error codes /
>> > mapping for invalid characters and doing conversions in
>> > fewer places (higher in call hierarchy).
>>
>> ok. Some comments for consideration:
>>
>> 1. The OSX UTF-8 normalization calls (Str_DecomposedToPrecomposedUtf8)
>>     may be wrapped by #ifdefs __MACOSX__.
>
> Is there some reason why similar UTF-8 strings couldn't be encountered
> on other operation systems?

The only system I know which uses the decomposed form of UTF-8 is OSX.
It won't hurt to call the Str_DecomposedToPrecomposedUtf8() function also
for other systems which use UTF-8, but if the string encoding is not UTF-8
then the function should not be called, as it replaces certain UTF-8 encoded
sequences of letter + diacritical mark by its UTF-8 encoded precomposed
unicode character representation, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combining_character.

- Max