[hatari-devel] Re: DSP breakpoints

One more thing that would be useful - a way to invoke a soft or hard reset from the debugger console. This makes it possible to set up some generic DSP breakpoints, invoke a reset and then hit 'c' to continue through the reset and reload the program, without having to exit Hatari.

Otherwise it's necessary to exit Hatari if a DSP program becomes corrupted because attempts to continue cause the console to be invoked immediately with illegal instruction exceptions. There might be another way to recover from this (like disabling debugger exceptions from the console) but I don't see what it might be. Disabling debugger exceptions just cause other problems anyway - like infinite console prints during which Hatari stops responding.