Re: [hatari-devel] HD drive & partition limits

On tiistai 01 heinäkuu 2014, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > > What you used to format the partition?
> >
> > AHDI 5
>
> I just tried to create a hard disk image with 256 MB partitions with
> AHDI here, too, but AHDI even crashed during boot with such big
> partitions. It works when I use a partition that is a little bit
> smaller, so I guess this is a bug in AHDI?
>
> > I'm trying to run STVidPLay, it completly bypases driver and calls
> > ACSI by itself.
>
> I tried to install that on my HD image, too, but with AHDI it only says
> "unable to determine file location" or so. It works fine when I install
> the (demo version of) HDDriver, though. Quite impressive to see such
> movies on a stock (emulated) ST :-)

I finally tried this myself, with STE TOS:

- I created 200MB image with Hatari "atari-hd-image" script:
  atari-hd-image  200 STvidPly.img VIDPLAY
- I booted that image with AHDI 5 install disk:
  hatari --acsi STvidPly.img ahdi.st.gz
- I started AHDI driver to access ACSI drive, started HDX and
  partitioned the disk so that I removed all other partitions and
  had just one 200 MB partition, then run HINSTALL to install
  AHDI driver on it
- Moved STVidPlay data to STvidPly/D/ to get GEMDOS HD emulation
  to other drive than ACSI C: one:
  hatari --acsi STvidPly.img -d STvidPly
- Copied the files from GEMDOS HD D: drive to ACSI C: drive
- Restarted Hatari with the updated disk (in case TOS was
  in bad state after that large copy)
	hatari --acsi STvidPly.img

Only P158DR.TTP worked, NP158DE.TTP got stuck at startup.

It didn't work with EmuTOS, only with real TOS.

	 Eero