Re: [hatari-devel] SDL GUI keyboard shortcuts

On perjantai 15 elokuu 2014, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> I saw a behaviour which is a little less intuitive now with the
> fileselector.
> Before, you could click on a name an press "enter" key to select the
> file. Now, with the focus in the UI elements, this will only work if
> focus is on the "OK" button.

It is, unless you've explicitly moved focus else where with keyboard.

> For example, I saw it after clicking on ".." to go up one directory,
> then if you click on a filename and press "enter" you will go up again,
> instead of validating the file you just clicked. It's a little bit
> disturbing when you don't realize at first that it's due to the focus
> being on ".." now.

Clicking on buttons doesn't change focus to them.

I.e. this is a problem only when you mix mouse and keyboard
navigation.  Currently File selector cannot be used with
keyboard so mouse is (also) needed.

Changing Cancel & Enter button places, so that one can use
End+Enter to accept the selection could help a bit.

Besides that there are few options:

1. Somebody adds full keyboard navigation to file selector
   so that selection can also be done with keyboard etc
2. Keyboard navigation & focus are disabled for file selector
   and Enter is added back as default selection when there's
   no focus

If somebody doesn't provide 1) before next release, I need to do 2).