Re: [hatari-devel] GEMDOS filename handling

> After improving the test (attached), and testing it with
> TOS 2.x (results attached), I found out that even native
> TOS has problems with files & directories having following
> characters in them: ' ', '*', '.', '?', '\'.

Can it be that the host system does not allow these characters?
On my system (Ubuntu 14.04 VM) files with those characters
can be created and removed by the emulated system, see attached
logs (linux.zip). Only '\' and '/' do not work.

>> The other alternatives are:
>> - instead of '?', using glob() pattern with '[]', which contains all
>>   the invalid characters (after your 8-bit char patch, amount of invalid
>>   chars is small enough to be handled like that).
>> - or first trying with INVALID_CHAR and if that doesn't match, try
>>   with pattern

Not sure if this would work, as for Windows with cp1252 encoding there
are more invalid characters (all the greek characters 0xC0..0xDC, and
some others)

Max