Re: [hatari-devel] Formatting floppies with TOS in Hatari, should it work?

Am Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:15:59 +0300

> Hi,
>
> Regarding this:
> http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=26740&p=255632
>
> Hatari v1.6.2 says this when TOS tries to format a floppy:
> 	FDC type III command 'write track' does not work yet!
>
> Whereas latest Hatari version doesn't output anything, but TOS
> still tells that formatting the floppy failed [1].  Is that supposed
> to work, and if not, could there be some warning about specific
> missing functionality?

You get the error message when you enable fdc tracing (but maybe this
should be a LOG_ERROR or LAG_WARN instead?).
Looking at FDC_WriteTrack_ST() in fdc.c, it seems like this is
currently supposed to always fail... not sure whether Nicolas plans to
implement this before the release, but if not, I think it rather should
not return an error to TOS so that formatting works again?