Re: [hatari-devel] No sound in the Pacemaker Demo

----- Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 03/06/2014 20:21, David Savinkoff a écrit :
> >
> > I looked at the LMC1992 data sheet, here is what I surmise:
> >
> > 1) The mask must be at least eleven consecutive bits long, or the
> >     LMC1992 is left in an intermediate state, and restarts the sequence
> >     when there is a break in the mask. Think of the Mask as an enable
> >     signal.
> >     (Six usable 11 bit Masks. eg. 0011111111111000, 0000011111111111)
> >     (Five usable 12 bit Masks)
> >     (Zero usable Masks less than 11 bits long)
> >
> >     Note that it may be possible to send two (or more) 16 bit Masks that
> >     act as a single 32 bit Mask.
> >     ( 0000000000011111, 1111110000000000 )

Someone should test this 32 bit mask on a real STe because it
probably works. If it doesn't work, it should be determined what
happens.

> > 2) The first two Mask bits are a device address. The last nine bits
> >     are register bits. Any bits between the first two and last nine are
> >     lost when the Mask is longer than eleven bits.
> >

> This is what I implemented, except I didn't handle the fact that you
> could have a mask like 1100 0111 1111 1111 where you should ignore the 5
> first bits and check again the 11 other bits. Hopefully, no one used a
> mask like this, else I could fix it if needed.

I see you noted this in the source code for future reference.
(I would expect the mask to be shifted 16 bits, not rotated.)