Re: [hatari-devel] HD drive & partition limits

On sunnuntai 29 kesäkuu 2014, Adam Kłobukowski wrote:

> >> 256MB

[1]

> >> I ws not even close to trying to use VFAT. Usually everything got
> >> corrupted after I wrote first files on partition.
> >
> > What you used to format the partition?
>
> AHDI 5
> >>
> >> Because I want to test something that works only with ACSI.
> >
> > SW or HW?
>
> I'm trying to run STVidPLay, it completly bypases driver and calls ACSI
> by itself.

What is STVidPLay?  (Google didn't give any hits for it)

Is writing of files you refer above also done directly with ACSI,
or through AHDI?  Are you sure they don't conflict and that
STVidPlay is using correct ACSI commands?

On what sized real HW it has been tested and with which HD driver(s)?

Does what you're testing, work with Hatari with smaller sized [1]
drive & partition?

Hatari has been tested with few HD drivers, some of them supporting ACSI,
some IDE, and I think so far it's required fixing things almost for every
one of them, when new one is checked...  HD images aren't exactly
convenient to use compared to GEMDOS HD emulation, so they get quite
little use/testing. :-)

	- Eero

[1] If 256MB partition is enough, do things work if the drive is about
that size and you just have one partition that takes all the space?
If yes, I wonder what is the limit when it breaks, 32MB, 256MB, 512MB...