Re: [hatari-devel] LED with empty floppy drives

Le 09/06/2014 22:35, Vincent Rivière a écrit :
On 05/05/2014 10:12, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
When determining if the light should stay on or turn off, you should
precisely specify if you are talking about the drive LED or the keyboard
LED.

On my STE, both leds are switching on/off at the exact same time ; the
led
on the internal drive is not always visible, it's sometimes behind the
plastic case.

It seems that different testers on real hardware did not see the same
results.
It is still unclear if the B: drive LED should remain on or off. In
other words, if the new Hatari behavior is a bug or feature.

Currently, when booting EmuTOS on Hatari, the B: LED stays turned on
when the desktop is idle, that's ugly.
I would like to know which of Hatari or EmuTOS needs to be fixed.

On my STF and my STE with 2 drives, if I boot without any disk, when GEM desktop appears, drive A led is ON and drive B led is OFF.

With Hatari and TOS 1.04 or 1.62, I get the exact same behaviour as my STF/STE : drive A remains ON and drive B if OFF.

I just booted Hatari with emutos, and at the end when desktop appears, drive A led is OFF and drive B is ON. So this is the opposite of what we see under real STF/STE or Hatari with Atari's TOS.

I can't say if Hatari is wrong about some routines used by Emutos, but at least it's 100 %d identical to real ST with real TOS.