[hatari-devel] Working directory for hatari on MacOS X

I recently joined this mailing list after noticing changed behaviour of hatari.

Note: the describe problem I have is specific to hatari on Mac OS X.

After I had compiled a new version from the repository, a script I have to help me to start hatari and run my atari-code began to fail. It turns out that hatari since rev 5111 (92bb776c7198) no longer accepts relative paths for files passed on the command line.

It turns out that hatari has always done a chdir to the application folder if it was detected that it was started by the Finder. This detection however, does not work in later versions of Mac OS. At least for me, hatari has run just fine anyway. But from rev 5111, hatari is forced to always chdir to where the application folder is.

I have tested to remove all code that has to do with changing directory at startup, and it works fine.

Is there a reason I don't know about why this chdir is done? Since I have only tested on the latest version of Mac OS, I don't know if my changes works on older version of the OS.

If there is no sane reason for doing the chdir, I suggest to remove it altogether.

The line that causes the problem in src/gui-osx/SDLMain.m:135 @c9d60725e5d8

--
Mikael