Re: [hatari-devel] Is it me or the symbols prg option is broken ?

Here is what I get :

> symbols prg
Reading symbols from program '/media/Win_NTFS/Jeux/Atari/DiskDur.FAL/Thadoss/RACER/RACER/RACER.PRG' symbol table...
0x7 program flags, reloc=0, TOS executable, DRI / GST symbol table.
Trying to load symbol table at offset 0x8cee0...
WARNING: ignoring symbol 'DTA' of B type in slot 1 with invalid offset 0x183b40 (>= 0xf6cab). WARNING: ignoring symbol 'MAXY' of D type in slot 6 with invalid offset 0x104114 (>= 0xe8e4b).
ERROR: too many invalid offsets, skipping rest of symbols!
ERROR: reading symbols from '/media/Win_NTFS/Jeux/Atari/DiskDur.FAL/Thadoss/RACER/RACER/RACER.PRG' failed!
'symbols' - load CPU symbols & their addresses
Usage: symbols <filename|prg|addr|name|free> [<T offset> [<D offset> <B offset>]]
    Loads symbol names and their addresses from the given file.
    If there were previously loaded symbols, they're replaced.

    Giving 'prg' instead of a file name, loads DRI/GST symbol table
    from the last program executed through the GEMDOS HD emulation.

    Giving either 'name' or 'addr' instead of a file name, will
    list the currently loaded symbols.  Giving 'free' will remove
    the loaded symbols.

    If one base address/offset is given, its added to all addresses.
    If three offsets are given (and non-zero), they're applied to
    text (T), data (D) and BSS (B) symbols.  Given offsets are used
    only when loading ASCII symbol files.

Laurent

Le 12/06/2014 20:24, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On torstai 12 kesäkuu 2014, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
I compile Racer with the following options as I always did before:

opt    p=68030/68882,NOCASE,D+,X+

Then, I run Racer and break it in the main menu, but I get the following

error message:
  > symbols prg

ERROR: no program loaded (through GEMDOS HD emu)!
Because autoloading of the symbols failed, Hatari removed information about
the program path from debug symbol code.  That's why you get this strange
error on following "symbols prg" commands.  I commited an improvement which
allows you seeing the errors again.

What error you get from symbols autoloading?

	- Eero

Laurent

Le 11/06/2014 23:09, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On keskiviikko 11 kesäkuu 2014, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
I can't use symbols prg with the latest release.
What this means?

Is it me or something is broken here ?
Nowadays Hatari nowadays loads symbols automatically if program has
them.

Note that:

* with GCC you need to ask linker to generate old style (DRI) symbols..

    More detailed a.out format symbols you need to output with nm and
    read as separate ASCII symbols file.

* if you're using VBCC, make sure that you use a version with fixed
linker.

    Older VBCC linker used broken data/bss symbol offsets.  For those
    you need to use gst2ascii program and load symbols as ASCII.