Re: [hatari-devel] Is it me or the symbols prg option is broken ?

Hi eero,

I compile Racer with the following options as I always did before:

opt    p=68030/68882,NOCASE,D+,X+

Then, I run Racer and break it in the main menu, but I get the following error message:

> symbols prg
ERROR: no program loaded (through GEMDOS HD emu)!

Laurent

Le 11/06/2014 23:09, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On keskiviikko 11 kesäkuu 2014, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
I can't use symbols prg with the latest release.
What this means?

Is it me or something is broken here ?
Nowadays Hatari nowadays loads symbols automatically if program has them.

Note that:

* with GCC you need to ask linker to generate old style (DRI) symbols.
   More detailed a.out format symbols you need to output with nm and
   read as separate ASCII symbols file.

* if you're using VBCC, make sure that you use a version with fixed linker.
   Older VBCC linker used broken data/bss symbol offsets.  For those you
   need to use gst2ascii program and load symbols as ASCII.