Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Hatari debugging improvements / NatFeats Extension Patch

On torstai 01 toukokuu 2014, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> - pausing [1]
> - slowdown [2]
> - screenshot [3]
>
> Opinions?
>
> [1] if program takes long time to get to the interesting point, it
>     could automatically pause emulation when that has been reached
>     so that you can go to coffee while waiting for that. :-)
>
> [2] I was thinking that I could add a new option to slow down Hatari
>     execution, which would do a small additional wait on each VBL.

Added --slowdown option to Hatari.  It multiplies the VBL frame time.

No NF command added yet, I'm waiting for comments first.

> [3] This causes file to be written to host disk, but as directory for
>     that is predefined and fine name autogenerated, most it can do is
>     fill the disk

Btw.t screenshotting is already supported with the standard Xbios(20)
OS call when --bios-intercept is enabled (in addition to being able to
do that through XBios(255) command).  I.e. NF command for that would be
overlapping functionality, it would just do it with intercepted instruction
that doesn't generate exception unlike XBios trap would.

Currently Bios & XBios tracing also requires --bios-intercept option.
I'll probably change Xbios(255) and XBios(20) enabling to to have separate
(internal) flag from one used to intercept Bios/XBios for tracing, so that
--bios-intercept isn't anymore needed for tracing them.