Re: [hatari-devel] Adding more information to statusbar

On torstai 01 toukokuu 2014, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 01/05/2014 19:49, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> > That's a good idea!
> >
> > First row could be for for indicators:
> > - drive activity leds
> > - current floppy track
> > - frame skip
> > - sound/video recording led
> > - possible other HW access leds (blitter, sound DMA, Mic?)
> >
> > And second for less rarely changing information and
> > stuff useful to see in bug report screenshots:
> > - machine type
> > - CPU clock
> > - CPU type
> > - CPU core type
> > - DSP emulation type
> > - TOS version
> > - amount of RAM
> > - monitor type
> > - joystick types
> > - spec512 colors
> >
> > Line with more space could have also:
> > - options help info
> > - some information about enabled debug options?
>
> For a start, we could move as you suggest all the infos currenlty
> between "FS:" and "REC" on a 2nd line (ram, tos, machine, ...)
>
> I'm not sure about CPU core type, as this really depends on the exe you
> ran, and eventually it should disappear one day when we only keep
> winuae's cpu.
>
> Same for spec512, I always set the threshold to 1, and I think every
> user should do the same, unless you're really using programs that will
> never change colors on the same hbl. So, I think it would be confusing.

OK.

> For monitor, we could put mono, rgb, gva, tv or vdi.
>
> Joystick can have many choices (STF, STE, parallel port). Most used are
> certainly joy 0 and 1, and maybe joypad A and B (never tested them)
> We could have sthg like : "JOY ..." if those 4 are disabled, or "JOY
> J..." if real (J)oystick is enabled on joy 0, or "JOY ..K." if STE
> joypad A is emulated using (K)eyboard ?

I was thinking more of showing the enabled joystick types
for all the joysticks (because I never remember in which port
my joystick was enabled this time, or switched to with joy
shortcut):
* None: -
* Keyboard: K
* Joystick: J

For example if joystick in port 0 is USB one, port 1 keyboard one,
and nothing in parallel port nor STE joypads, it would show:
	JOYS: JK---