[hatari-devel] Adding more information to statusbar

On torstai 01 toukokuu 2014, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 01/05/2014 17:11, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> > I didn't mean showing exceptions that are happening, but showing
> > which exceptions are configured to be caught by the debugger.
> > And only when exception debugging is enabled.
> >
> > It can be a bit annoying to debug something and only after
> > the fact notice that you e.g. didn't have exception debugging
> > enabled at all.  With this, one would see it from the statusbar.
>
> Hopefully, people needing this kind of debugging level will know how to
> give the correct option. You might forget once, but then you will
> remember to add all the options :)

It's not so much about how to give correct option, but about
*remembering* to give it in first place, on every run one wants
it.  Even once could be pretty annoying (it happened to be once
after long session), but let's see what others say. :-)

> But maybe we would need a 2nd row in the bottom status bar ? I don't
> think it would slow down things that much (we already draw a gray area,
> making it larger should not be noticeable with today's cpu).
>
> This way, we would have enough room to add such option.

That's a good idea!

First row could be for for indicators:
- drive activity leds
- current floppy track
- frame skip
- sound/video recording led
- possible other HW access leds (blitter, sound DMA, Mic?)

And second for less rarely changing information and
stuff useful to see in bug report screenshots:
- machine type
- CPU clock
- CPU type
- CPU core type
- DSP emulation type
- TOS version
- amount of RAM
- monitor type
- joystick types
- spec512 colors

Line with more space could have also:
- options help info
- some information about enabled debug options?