Re: [hatari-devel] breakpoint on CALL_SUBRETURN condition doesn't work ?

On sunnuntai 13 huhtikuu 2014, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 13/04/2014 21:16, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> > If that large amount of them is (potentially) needed, it would be
> > better to change conditions and breakpoints to be allocated
> > dynamically. I looked at the code and that shouldn't have effect on
> > the breakpoint checking code / its speed.
>
> If you mean creating some kind of linked list, I don't think it would
> affect execution speed ; just slightly when you need to add / remove a
> breakpoint number 'n', because you need to walk the list, but that's not
> a problem since this will always be faster that what you can type in the
> debug console. What matters is the cost implied at each opcode.

Not linked list (that would mean extra overhead at every opcode),
just an array for breakpoints and array for conditions in each breakpoint,
(re-)allocated when user adds more conditions/breakpoints than
there's space for them.