Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari manual.html

----- Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Hei,
>
> On lauantai 22 helmikuu 2014, David Savinkoff wrote:
> > 1)
> > --max-width <x>
> > --max-height <x>
> > are mentioned in:
> > http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-file/tip/doc/manu
> > al.html#Falcon_TT_specific_display_options but work with ST and STe also
> > (as they should).
> >
> > 2)
> > The only checkbox that is "Falcon/TT only" is
> > "Keep desktop resolution"
> > http://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/raw-file/tip/doc/imag
> > es/screen.png Note that "Max zoomed win" corresponds to:
> > --max-width <x>
> > --max-height <x>
> >
> > possible suggestion:
> > [x] Keep desktop
> >     resolution
> >     Falcon/TT
>
> There's a separate option for ST/e.  This is because
> scaling those is done completely differently from
> TT/Falcon video code.

--max-width <x> and --max-height <x> work correctly for ST/STe.
Do they work differently for the Falcon/TT?

> (Former can only double size, latter can use any integer
> scaling factor, and the Atari sizes can differ a lot more
> too.)

--max-width <x> and --max-height <x> work as monitor resolution
selectors (good) more than as scale factors. I like 1X scale for
ST Low Resolution. The other scale factors are simply a necessary
evil.  eg.640x200 --> 640x400

The best low resolution at 1X is: --max-width 416  --max-height 312
Please don't change this. One thing I would like to see is a properly
cropped 400x300 mode.