Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Hatari debugging help with WinUAE CPU core

That's great!

Yes it might be useful to split out dsp exceptions but I'll see how this goes and what it means for day-to-day debugging. This is probably enough to make a difference.

Best,
D.

On 23 January 2014 22:16, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On maanantai 20 tammikuu 2014, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > Of course - I wouldn't want to have that effect in any debugger. But I
> > would like to be able to configure Hatari to behave like a programmer's
> > debugger as well as an emulation-mode debugger, and respond helpfully
> > to unusual events without much manual intervention while using it.. It
> > may just be a case of making a small script and and launching Hatari
> > with that script - but it may not be, which is why I have outlined the
> > scenarios above to add some colour.
>
> With above, "--exceptions <list>" option would specify what things
> will invoke debugger, and "-D" option [1] would toggle that set on
> and off.  Normally you would probably specify the set in command
> line and enable catching then in debugger like this:
>       > setopt -D

Attached patch implements that and adds several new exception points
for old UAE CPU core.  It's help looks following:
$ src/hatari --exceptions help

List of available option flags :
  none
  bus
  address
  illegal
  zerodiv
  chk
  trapv
  privilege
  nohandler
  dsp
  all
Multiple flags can be separated by ','
They can be prefixed by '+' or '-' to be mixed.
Giving just flags 'none' disables all of them.

Thomas, does the patch look OK to you?

For now all DSP exceptions are behind single "dsp" flag for --exception
option, but I can separate them if it's thought useful.

It would be nice if somebody would look into adding similar stuff
as is in the diff for old UAE newcpu.c, for the WinUAE CPU code...

> (As TOS causes some exceptions at boot for HW detection.)

Not all TOS versions, just some of them (EmuTOS most),
as can be seen with:
        $ hatari --exceptions all -D

(-D option needs to be given after changing what exceptions
trigger the debugger.)