Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Hatari floppy drive detection with EmuTOS

On 14 Jan 2014 at 23:31, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:

> Do you mean that if you set timeout to 9 sec, then command 0x03 on drive
> A stops after 3 sec and bit 5 of fffa01 is cleared (=command over) ?

No.  I mean that increasing the timeout still didn't help detect a drive that
was actually present (according to Hatari).  Bit 5 of fffa01 was never set to
zero, the timeout happened after 9 seconds instead.

> That's not really related, but when you decide to timeout a command, I
> think you should send a force interrupt command, not send the next
> command immediatly ; Hatari might be wrong on that timeout case, but at
> least with a force int command it would have worked.

You're probably right.  But that still doesn't explain why a restore command on
a configured drive apparently never completes.

Roger