Re: [hatari-devel] Automounting HDD images

On keskiviikko 22 tammikuu 2014, Miro Kropáček wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:02 PM, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >
Are you sure those weren't from a floppy image? :-)

> Pretty sure, it's in a different tab, I can't mix it up :)
>
> > (Is HD boot sector code even executed?)
>
> Of course.

What you mean by "different tab"?  If this is about OSX GUI
and Hatari options, having floppy image inserted means that
boot sector is read from whichever media happens to be
the boot drive (Hatari sets the last one given on command
line as that, otherwise it's hard disk, if present).

> I put a simple message in the bootsector, ran Hatari, checked
> the result, updated (recompiled) the image, Eject&Browse&Reset and voila,
> the same old message. When I terminated Hatari and started again, the new
> image code was executed.

If you strace Hatari, how that file is read in your case (OSX?)?

Is it with read*() syscalls or by using memory map?
If latter, is mmap() done with MAP_PRIVATE?