Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari & physbase/$ff820x (Videl)

On tiistai 21 tammikuu 2014, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> Le 21/01/2014 18:41, Douglas Little a écrit :
>
> > I suppose this is useful in a way, because it exaggerates tearing that
> > would exist on real HW, but be either invisible or much less visible,
> > so more likely to get noticed and fixed. But OTOH, if this is used to
> > optimize away dead time in a game loop, it requires special handling
> > by the programmer to treat Hatari differently.
> >
> > If anyone is able to correct or confirm the above, I would appreciate
> > the input.
>
> Hello
>
> I haven't look at the videl code, but I guess it the same as the STF/STE
> code.
>
> In that case, destination (emulated) screen is built one raster at a
> time ; on every HBL, we convert 1 line pointed by the video address to
> the internal bitmap image used by SDL.

No, the conversion is done in single step in Videl emulation, that's
why rasters don't work with it.

I don't know whether that happens before or after VBL interrupt
handler, but I would assume the screen blit to happen at same point
it happens on ST side...?

Videl (C++) code was ported from Aranym to Hatari by Thomas with minor
fixes by me and later improvements by Laurent.

	- Eero