Re: [hatari-devel] UFO STe demo

On 21/10/2013 23:23, Eero Tamminen wrote:
Hi,

When I just tested the UFO STe demo:
	http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=60831

I noticed something strange...

With TOS 1.62, it freezes at start without "--fastfdc off",
but with EmuTOS it works fine also with "--fastfdc on".

I didn't know that was TOS specific...

yes, I can see this too ; I guess it's just a coincidence that it works with emutos and fastfdc. Certainly the demo uses some too tight timings, maybe depacking data as they're read and too fast fdc can mess with this.

The TOS' read sector xbios function must have slightly different timings compared to EmuTos' one, but I don't think there's anything to fix on the emulation's side. "Fastfdc on" is speeding delays by a x10 factor, hopefully it should work in most cases, but when it doesn't it just means the demo/game expect (sometimes not willingly) timings from real HW.