Re: [hatari-devel] mingw-w64

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Redefining a variable seems bad practice to me.

Probably. But Toolchain-mingw32 already do that:
SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH ${CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH}/mingw)

> What if such redefining is done in multiple places, and
> order of those happens to change?

Maybe in larger projects, but the Toolchain files for hatari is so
small that, that probably won't be any problem.

> I haven't looked into this at all, but what if you add variable for
> specifying compiler root path, in case it differs from standard one used
> by CMake, and document that for compilers needing it?

Well, with "my" cross compiler that should not be an issue, since both
the linker and compiler only searches for headers and libraries in the
defined $sysroot.
I happen to think that cmake tries to be smarter than the user, or in
this case the compiler.

--
chs,