|[hatari-devel] IKBD, max keys?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [hatari-devel] IKBD, max keys?
- From: Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 23:57:36 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=2tdLF3e8Siin9qxa9xY2N/C3C7r3BDxLi9KQwytksuo=; b=RQVdnRMj6/3SiMHHNXsu9uQnyRDMtSw9tq+Pa1BtoDjPVyEODX7oBmLKmEY7xUq2QP Qz9+IW5CasBP4BpCvtMh4AwtNUZ/0DkLKUhYgqSoWdXPQU2B1Y+sJpIsmQZ8XlHztda2 n+Ym365Lthz70wjAHY5WvD7F3P9Dqn1lRe8YDoSUohKH7p28OVMRPE45VFw1HYhwuaIT PBWPdJRPDoDvc4Pmvkqiq80S/IaqktFlx+JfSGrO7McvfOTmFQRWz+vaYcw8gKQC1nW/ 5QCjh8DV7AMwNFwWm6yNFlXVoQsOHP0+YbCELKRUQf8mT6ClCZqM9c3XyNDpEvYU3C/8 mUkA==
I did some tests this evening and noticed Hatari is allowing a maximum of 6 Atari keys to be held at once.
Tests on a real machine (Falcon, TOS 4.04) appear to show the limit is between 2 and 4 keys, depending on the keys. I'm still confirming this but there does seem to be a difference.
A few questions on this:
- is Hatari implementing this limit of 6, or is it the host machine (PC etc?)
- what is the true limit on the IKBD, if any?
- is the limit the same on all Ataris or does it vary by TOS / hardware etc?
Any input welcome. I'm working on a game that needs complex key combinations and while things work well in Hatari it's not behaving well on a real box.
(some effects seen on a real box: >2 keys ignored, irrelevant scancodes reported when shift+ctrl combos used with arrows and some other keys)