Re: [hatari-devel] Preliminary Hatari 1.7.0 OSX Build Example

On 27/06/2013 22:21, Jerome Vernet wrote:
Le 27/06/13 22:05, Christer Solskogen a écrit :
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Jerome Vernet
<vernet.jerome@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I absolutly need to make a working MacOsX build configuration....
But tonight, the mercurial repo is dead (http error 500)...

I run a norwegian mirror (you will not be able to commit) at
http://hg.antarctica.no/hatari/

This one is working.

to build for MacOsX:
hg clone etc
./configure --enable-winua-cpu
make -j4
sudo make install

hello

I think it's a typo, but it's --enable-winuae-cpu

How can I add to ./configure some usefull MacOsX define ? We need to set
these:
CONFDIR=\".\"
ALERT_HOOKS=1

Changes should be added to CMakeLists.txt, as configure is just a wrapper for cmake.

For CONFDIR, there's already a case for Windows on line 228 :

if(NOT ETCDIR)
        if(WIN32)
                set(ETCDIR .)
        else()
                set(ETCDIR /etc)
        endif()
endif()
add_definitions(-DCONFDIR=\"${ETCDIR}\")

You can add a case for OSX (as it is done for BIN2DATADIR on line 210) :

if(NOT ETCDIR)
        if(WIN32)
                set(ETCDIR .)
        elseif(ENABLE_OSX_BUNDLE)
                set(ETCDIR .)
        else()
                set(ETCDIR /etc)
        endif()
endif()
add_definitions(-DCONFDIR=\"${ETCDIR}\")

Can you check if it correctly fixes "CONFDIR" ? If so, I will modify CMakeLists.txt. But does it means that OSX applications are not using /etc to store a default config file ? (I don't know OSX that much)

As for ALERT_HOOKS=1, you can add for example on line 236 :

        if(ENABLE_OSX_BUNDLE)
		add_definitions(-DALERT_HOOKS=1)
	endif()

Let me know if it works.