Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari/EmuTOS Conflict

On Wednesday 05 June 2013 14:39, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> On 05/06/2013 23:09, David Savinkoff wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tested both developmental Hatari and EmuTOS and found that
> > Hatari Must be reset alt-r after loading the EmuTOS image when
> > (Hatari > System > Patch TOS for faster boot)
> > is Not selected. Otherwise EmuTOS takes a Long time to boot
> > And the mouse cursor does not move in Hatari.
> >
> > Furthermore, The latest Hatari Must be reset after
> > (Hatari > System > Patch TOS for faster boot)
> > IS selected.
> >
> > Thus, Hatari Must be unconditionally reset after loading
> > the EmuTOS image.
> >
> > Atari ROMs work flawlessly of course.
> >
> > Hatari/EmuTOS tested with etos256us.img and etos256uk.img images.
> >
> > David
>
> Hello
>
> there was a thread about this in february 2013 "IKBD regression with
> EmuTOS".
>
> It was about Emutos 0.90, but from the discussion it appeared there were
> 2 potential problems :
>
>   - emutos before 0.90 did not correctly wait for the ikbd reset to
> complete (by waiting for 0xf0 or 0xf1) ; with the new acia code added
> after hatari 1.6.2, this caused a buffer overflow in the ikbd, and
> keyboard packets were ignored -> a reset is needed to reset the acia's
> buffer.
>
>   - from the tests with emutos on a real STE, it seems the serial line
> must be started after a cold reset of the acia, even if the acia control
> register is not initialised (this is not done in the current dev
> version, I still need to add it before 1.7 is released, but that's a
> trivial fix). This doesn't stop "normal" TOSes from working, because
> they correctly flush the reset byte and init acia after.
>

> So, for current hatari dev version, could you try with emutos 0.90 ? It
> should fix the problem, as Vincent Riviere added a pause in emutos to
> wait for the ikbd reset with a possible timeout (when no keybpoard is
> connected)
>

> Nicolas

Above; I was testing with emutos-256k-CVS-20130604.
I just tested with emutos-256k-0.9.0 and get the Same
behavior as above.

When Hatari boots EmuTOS, the screen is initially black, then
changes to beige as EmuTOS boots. If I attempt a reset alt-r
when the screen is black, the reset is futile. However, if I
attempt the reset when the screen is no longer black, the
reset causes EmuTOS to boot properly.

David