|Re: [hatari-devel] Does CPU setting work?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel <hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Does CPU setting work?
- From: Miro Kropáček <miro.kropacek@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 07:58:00 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=ouadCMsW4zAARTgPZ6l7CIjbV0UrXMlcBmR9iu5RCyA=; b=D0vZCEUV1BSLWFIlOUVNl3CKzWnPw7y0lc/s5Irn9od/wgx2Rk37hzfotGsbr5rSo4 oMzo9dK4+e7iQZCseFtQg7oy3OdeLH+J06q0/kgT5ZY+880kx4yvnfjK5Jda39tHD3Ge 2SUyRcWhynfeb77lKgajllVzWX/MN2P1zXQ1LueLLSQjF8ojD9/wrwRMQEWSNvICZ9dW uhZqTmyn53egGQlfNabxTOj6zX1EY0EI//Gf7Js5F0aBMltGnQizrWXnkxlPIBa1cGKj B2NIBSywbJZRwLbDwLq/KhtuFU39VNhl7p7iUoIguGNVtM3K4ihez4RdMoksgp87U/gt nDgA==
I think it could solve also couple of other things, I don't know how it's done now but generally, the clock should be divided into separate entities like Videl, DSP, CPU, FPU, bus, ... so the setting shouldn't be actually CPU 16/32 but something as "base clock multiplier" to simulate functionality of Nemesis/Phantom, as this is the only setting which makes sense for non-accelerated setup (by accelerated setup I mean emulation of CT2, CT60, ...)
Btw, I have also noticed that 16 MHz setup isn't exactly 16 MHz, at least when it comes to bus activity, it gives me faaaar better results than on real hardware.
And btw #2, what about the winuae build crashing, is it now in some kind of development stage, i.e. it's OK if it crashes (for example Moai or Menace used to work, now they don't).