|Re: [hatari-devel] Does CPU setting work?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Does CPU setting work?
- From: Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 14:53:47 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=d7Nk4CfuxgrjGGa++XIh6/2xcxqBJKxvjiuwFwSs/RQ=; b=NiQAPsda3lDYOoLbZqQw5V7ETyo4+SZ4PRbssugGbpuI5T/lO2vkTeV0KiBm6Bs2mE TgIRp/mCazE/pE9ooSHUSF+B1sko1u1Wm1HWpuwQMkQ+3WRrQJJ8Txiyn/zUFaXONP52 AzSeU407XdhUFSGJ1DK8FCCCfdeko59Ql2XoBtnuSStCpPTGGM6H7CKjY65z+C5akTSh BL7R4U1Gv0Oq0Dfz+Y0T/i4xV37qG5zu4oEl/uSKabTvoqIhahI9uaDzzETd1D83ecE3 WrK1hUaLpF2Pn+UjlcL2xyqMsPfoPA8YobxtwlwLVRYoICfY77GuEIJhl1zmSXm+MPx3 XrKg==
I also noticed this but wasn't sure if the problem was specific to my own build...
The implementation also looks like it divides instruction cycles by N (e.g. divide by 2 for 32mhz?) and some instructions take an odd number of cycles (e.g. several common ops take 3 cycles)... so it's only approximately 2x speed.