Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari v1.7 release?

On 19/05/2013 19:45, David Savinkoff wrote:
Hi,

On Atari-Forum, Paulo said:

"Checking and unchecking the option has an immediate speed effect
on the demo." (floppy; fast or accurate option check box)

The Floppy disk controller and Video have the DMA in common. Could
Hatari's Floppy code be changing something in the DMA that affects
Video timing?

David

Hi,

floppy and video don't have DMA in common, what do you mean exactly ?

As for the disk speed option, checking/unchecking the fast/slow mode will immediatly change the FDC timings, which means sectors will be read at a different speed and this seems to be the cause for the slow down in the demo : floppy data are not coming at the expected rate, so I guess the depacker is pausing somewhere and the 3D is not refreshed soon enough to keep a correct rate.

Hopefully, I should have a fix for this soon.